If you need help reinstalling BitDefender, BitDefender offers you all the information and assistance you need.
BitDefender offers free customer care and technical support over the phone, E-mail or chat. Whether you are experiencing technical problems in the wee hours of the morning or in the middle of lunch, you can avail support from BitDefender 24/7. You can ask for their assistance in reinstalling BitDefender.
There is also a BitDefender forum at http://forum.bitdefender.com/. The site has a search tool where you can search for issues related to your problem may be part of the discussions in the forum. There is a wide variety of topics and categories. There are general categories to help guide you where to go. You can then post your issues in the respective category.
The forum members can give you the necessary steps or instructions you need to follow to solve your problem. You can discuss in detail your issues with reinstalling BitDefender. In some forum discussions, people share their experiences about technical glitches and errors that make them have to reinstall BitDefender on their system. You can correspond with these users and exchange tips and advice.
The BitDefender website also gives the most common and current troubleshooting guidelines through their BitDefender knowledgebase at http://kb.bitdefender.com/. The knowledgebase contains documents about product features and troubleshooting steps. You may also get help in reinstalling BitDefender and other issues.
If you have to install BitDefender again, you can perform the installation procedure using a CD or a download link from the Internet.
First, you need to locate the setup file. Once you have found it, double-click it. A wizard window will then pop up, which will provide you guidance and assistance throughout the whole setup process. BitDefender will also check if there are newer versions of the installation package available before it launches the setup wizard and notify you if there are newer versions available. If there is a newer version, you can click on the Yes button to download it. You can also click on the No button if you want to install the version you have in the setup file.
You can then follow these steps:
1. Click on the Next button to continue or the Cancel button to quit the installation procedure.
2. BitDefender 2009 will then alert you about existing anti-virus programs in your computer. You have the option to click on the Remove button to uninstall the other anti-virus programs. If you do not wish to delete them, you can click on the Next button.
3. The window will display the license agreement. After reading it, click on the I Agree button to continue. You can also press Cancel if you do not agree to the terms.
4. It will install the program in a specific folder in your drive by default. It will also provide you the option to change the installation path. Click on the Next button to continue.
5. You can select several options regarding the installation process.
6. When the installation is completed, click on the Finish button. A window will prompt you to restart your computer. This will allow the setup wizard to complete the process of installation.
For questions and issues about reinstalling BitDefender, take advantage of the free customer support provided by BitDefender and have your problem fixed in no time.